Aims & scope
The EGU General Assembly 2022 brings together geoscientists from all over the world to one meeting covering all disciplines of the Earth, planetary, and space sciences. The EGU aims to provide a forum where scientists, especially early career scientists, can present their work and discuss their ideas with experts in all fields of geoscience.The last two General Assemblies, Sharing Geoscience Online in 2020 and vEGU21: Gather Online, were organized as virtual meetings due to the Covid-related restrictions. In 2022, the EGU aims to provide again an on-site experience for those attending physically, while at the same time developing new concepts to include virtual attendees as much as possible. The EGU General Assembly 2022 (EGU22) will be a conference with a virtual component where everybody is welcome, in person or online! The structure of the conference will be flexible, giving us the opportunity to easily adapt to the uncertain global context. Further information is given on the Meeting Format page.
Deadlines & milestones (selection)
- Public call-for-session-proposals Union Symposia/Great Debates: 21 June–16 August 2021
- Public call-for-session-proposals all other sessions: 21 June–6 September 2021
- Session programme finalization: 7 September–12 October 2021
- Abstract submission: 18 October 2021–12 January 2022
- Travel Support application: 18 October–1 December 2021